Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s bassist Adam Clayton sells his Manhattan penthouse for $8.6 million
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 09:46 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Adam Clayton (Laura Hutton/Photocall Ireland)|
The place has three bedrooms, four baths and every room is renovated to perfection, including the stunning chef’s kitchen. Clayton purchased two apartments in the building where bandmate Bono also used to live and combined them into one gorgeous, sprawling place with a 38 foot entrance gallery and Central Park Views.
Clayton stands to make a tidy profit on his real estate investment. He bought the first apartment back in 1993 for $620,000 and the second place a year later for $430,000. Merging the two cost a few pennies for sure, but he’s profit will still range in the healthy seven figure range.
No word on whether Adam plans on buying another NYC crash pad. If you want to gawk at the place he’s saying bye-bye to, click here.