Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"Twilight's" Robert Pattinson wants to play James Bond in 20 years time
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
He confessed: "Yeah, I'd definitely like to go for Bond, but in more like 20 years. There'd be nothing worse than, like, 'Let's get a fresh-faced Bond!' That would be the worst idea in the world. It would be ridiculous to reinvent it as some young posh kid."
He continued: "After Daniel Craig you have to have some baggage. I'd have to be tortured in the first few scenes. I'd have to do the first film with one arm or something."
The 'Twilight saga star added that he is becoming more conscious about his health as he gets older.
He told The Sun newspaper: "I think 26 is the turning point. I've got to make up for 10 years of living like a degenerate. I've suddenly become conscious of being unhealthy.
"You've spent every bit of free time since the age of 15 in a pub. And suddenly you're like: 'Oh God, I don't want to be this grey ghost sitting there with a pot belly. I've got to get it together'."
Speaking about his new movie, 'Cosmopolis', Robert said he agreed to do it because it's so "ridiculous".
He said: "I think the script was so bizarre, we thought it was quite funny it was even getting made. Literally it's totally ridiculous."