Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Twilight’s' Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s friends speak about the couple
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 07:57 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
To some it might seem redundant for a young actress to fall for her handsome leading man (and vice versa) as they plod their way through their blockbuster film franchise. But neither 'Twilight' nor indeed Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart became famous for their originality.
Fans of the will-they-won't-they romantic novels (with vampires) know that with the recent release of 'Breaking Dawn,' their beloved 'Twilight Saga' is almost at an end.
Whilst critics of the show's old-fashioned girl-meets-boy-and-has-to-choose-between-her-body-and soul-genre are rejoicing, the series’ fans have never paid them any attention.
In fact, fan curiosity about the the two pale-and-paler thespians still knows no bounds, which is why fans are turning to the pairs- friends for details of their real-life romance.
Longtime buddy Peter Facinelli's told Celebs.Gather.com: "It's been fun for me to watch them rise to fame and the way they've handled it. When your life is put under a microscope like that it's very difficult to function, and I give them great credit for living a normal life within the realm of their fame."
Robert Pattinson’s ‘Twilight’ costar Joe Anderson shares creepy fan experience
Robert Pattinson compares 'Twilight' to 'Harry Potter'
Is ‘Twilight’ star Robert Pattinson Hollywood’s worst kisser? - ‘Twilight’ star falls in good company
Zzzzzz. Don't we want to hear they're not like us more than they are? Isn't that the point of all this scrutiny?
"I think that the 'Twilight' casting was so spot-on," actress Ashley Greene told the press, "especially between Rob and Kristen."
Kellen Lutz, another 'Twilight' lead, told the press: "They seem adorable every time I see them and madly in love."
'Twilight's' director, Catherine Hardwicke, adds: "I was exactly right there when they first met, so I saw it all from the beginning. I think they're wonderful; they're super close to my heart."
'Breaking Dawn' director Chris Weitz adds his take: "I like them very much. What I also wish for them are happy lives that aren't impinged on too much by the downside of the great things that have happened to them."
They're you have it. They're famous but they're not spoiled. They're celebrities but they're normal as anything. You won't read about their breakup about a month after the final film closes. Trust us.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...