Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart was a nerd in school
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 09:08 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Although the 'Twilight' actress is famous for her sulky demeanor and slacker appearance she admitted she was a complete nerd at school and would panic if she didn't get her work in on time.
She told GQ magazine: "It's funny. I picked an old backpack out of the closet the other day, one I used to wear all the time as a teenager. It's covered with anarchy signs, all these quotes and these metal studs. I was like, 'Woah, you must have really liked how that looked.'
"Despite what people think, I was such a rule follower at school. I loved the whole slacker look, like, 'Hey, I don't care or whatever,' but if I didn't turn my homework in, I would panic."
While Kristen's career eventually got in the way of her schooling in her early teens and she started being tutored at home, the actress places the blame firmly with her teachers who she says refused to support her.
She explained: "I was feeling a little self-conscious about the acting thing with my peers, but also my teachers became a problem. They didn't want to do the extra work or put packages together so I could keep up while I was away. They failed me. My teachers failed me. Not one but all of them. I'm always slightly ashamed in a way about what I do. I'm slightly embarrassed as I had such serious ambitions when I was younger, I just never imagined that I would ever have a reason not to go to school. But then this happened."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...