Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart doesn't ‘get off’ on being famous
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 08:19 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
The 22-year-old actress - who has reconciled with boyfriend Robert Pattinson after cheating on him with 'Snow White and The Huntsman' director Rupert Sanders - has become a more open person since the 'Twilight Saga' franchise propelled her to international stardom, but won't give up her personal life for the sake of her public image.
Kristen said: "The spotlight is not something I get off on. You can't let it stunt you. Though, that's the thing. It's a huge change that I've definitely noticed within myself from the beginning to the end of this - that I'm more comfortable with walls being down.
"Because you can actually have human experiences and not deprive yourself of a normal life. You get too caught up in what other people think of you, then who the f**k are you? You start to become a really disjointed persona and everyone's perception is their own."
Kristen's top tip to survive becoming "exceedingly famous" is to just not overthink it and ignore other people's opinions.
She explained: "If you're considering other people's opinions about your life, that they really know nothing about, you are going to live a very disjointed, really unsatisfying, awful existence.
"You should probably be a bit more concerned about how you feel about yourself. It sounds completely cliche, but it's true, so you probably shouldn't think about it."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...