"Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer blames herself for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's troubles
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The 'Twilight Saga' author admitted she feels guilty that the pair's real life relationship has been scrutinized so closely after they played lovers Bella Swan and Edward Cullen in the movie adaptations of her books and claimed they hate the attention.
Asked if she feels guilty, she told The Times: "Absolutely. Here's the thing: there are some actors who are looking to be world famous, to be that household name, and although they might discover that there are a lot of negative things involved in that, it's what they want. But that doesn't apply to Kristen and Rob. That's what makes it kind of ironic and tragic."
Stephenie admitted the main source of her guilt comes from the fact that they have had to deal with all of the public attention, which she has escaped it.
She added: "I just don't think they enjoy the parts [of fame] that other people would. And I totally get that, because it would not be my thing either. At the same time - and this is where the guilt comes from - it's created this nice, peaceful place for me. They took all of my heat, which I feel bad about. If they had the choice, I've no idea if they'd even do 'Twilight' again. I just don't know. I think this has all come at a heavy price."