Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Total Recall’ star Colin Farrell relaxes in Cancun
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Colin Farrell in Cancun|
Total Recall, his hotly anticipated remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger film, opens nationwide on August 3, and he’ll be back home in Dublin on August 14 for the European premiere, along with co-stars Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale. His Irish fans are surely going to like what they see.
“I actually like the gym,” Farrell, 36, told USA Today. “I find peace in it. Which is... weird. I never thought that would be me.”
The old Colin used to have no time for healthy pursuits, as evidenced by old interview. 'I see these quotes, ‘Working out for me is lifting a Carlsberg.’ It was true at the time. But now, things have changed.”
Making the film wasn’t at first appealing to Farrell, who had fond memories of the first Total Recall.
''I loved Arnie in the original Total Recall, which I was when I was 15 or 16. There were some funny one liners, there were some great action sequences and really fun performances from Arnie and Sharon Stone. So when I was approached about a new version I was dubious,” he said.
“I didn't feel the need to fill those size 16 shoes or 18 shoes or whatever size foot Arnie has. The film felt different enough that I could go and make it my own.”