Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tony Blair says Bono could have been president of the United States
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 at 07:25 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
Tony Blair believes U2 front man Bono could have been president of the United States if born here or Prime Minister of any country because of his incredible talent.
In his new book 'A Journey' Blair writes "(Bono) could have been a president or prime minister standing on his head. He had an absolutely natural gift for politicking, was great with people, very smart and an inspirational speaker."
"He was motivated by an abundant desire to keep on improving, never really content or relaxed."
He points out that Bono had found a way to be at the center of major political debates on issues such as world hunger and war and had been very influential on figures such as Bill Clinton, Blair, himself, George Bush and African leaders.
He also praises him for gettign along with George Bush despite their differences.
"I knew he would work with George (W. Bush) well, and with none of the prissy disdain of most of his ilk."
Celebrities help get a message across Blair says. They "can reinforce, even boost [a political] message ... What they can't do, of course, is substitute for the politics ... but properly used, they help."