Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Hardy was fascinated by the "female" side of his "Lawless" character
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 at 06:56 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
He explained: "He does some pretty horrific things. From cutting people's testicles off to using knuckledusters. And yet this is a man who also mothers two boys, his brothers. He has to feed them, look after them, he doesn't drink. He's a carer.
"He's a specific type of man. What interested me was the female role in this guy. And what the nature of violence is to men. Non-egotistical violence, non-macho violence. Violence from within the cardigan."
Tom has grown a beard for the movie, and while he isn't bothered about his new look, he admits it does have some drawbacks.
He added to Esquire magazine: "I have to grow a beard for the character. It's really ginger and wild. But I don't give a f**k about it, personally.
"My fiancee doesn't give a f**k about it. She'd like to have my lips back and I'd like to feel hers.
"But on the whole, the beard is welcomed by a lot of people."
Here's the trailer for "Lawless":
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...