Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise spent $148, 000 on a party for the cast and crew of ‘All You Need is Kill’ - but failed to turn up
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
However, poor Tom wasn't able to attend his own party last Saturday since filming overran and he was still at the studios shooting last minute action sequences for the multi-million budget action flick.
A crew member said: "Tom's had an incredible time filming this movie, he's ridden a vintage motorbike down the Mall to Buckingham Palace and dropped out of a helicopter into Trafalgar Square - he said that filming in London has been one of the greatest experiences of his life, and this was his way of saying thank you to all the production team that made it possible.
"I've worked on quite a few Hollywood films and with big star names but this is without a doubt the most lavish wrap party I've ever been to."
The extravagant bash boasted a DJ and a dressing up cupboard complete with 'Mission: Impossible'-style outfits and a photo-booth for guests to snap silly pictures of themselves.
Lucky party-goes snacked on crab cakes, Chinese dim sum, mini Kobe beef burgers, sausage and mash and satay chicken, while a massive 350 bottles of champagne were popped.