Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise set to buy a new home in New York City
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 09:25 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Cruise with his daughter during his recent visit to NYC. Fame/Flynet|
The 'Rock of Ages' actor is said to be looking into purchasing a new property in the city after estranged wife Katie Holmes relocated to 'The Big Apple' following her decision to divorce Tom, and was given primary custody of their six-year-old daughter in their divorce settlement.
Katie, 33, intends to live permanently in New York with Suri, so Tom wants a base there so he can see his child whenever he wants.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: "Tom's looking for a new home here. He wants a fresh start. He doesn't want to go back to the East Village apartment where he was living with Katie.
"He's looking for something that's very private where he won't have to deal with going through a lobby, and people outside all the time."
Tom - who kept the former couple's home in Beverly Hills, where the 50-year-old star lives with his eldest children, Isabella, 19, and 17-year-old Connor - has told friends his main concern is having enough space for Suri to play in.
One pal said: "He also wants to have a nice amount of space for Suri, with outdoor space. That could mean high-end luxury apartments, but he's also looking at houses outside of the city or in gated communities."
Katie filed for divorce last month after five years of marriage and they agreed on their divorce settlement within a matter of weeks, with the former 'Dawson's Creek' star getting primary custody of Suri and Tom granted visitation rights.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...