Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise ready to cut his links with Scientology to win back ex-wife Katie Holmes
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 09:08 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
A source told The People newspaper: "Now he’s lost the most precious thing in his life, he sees that his Scientology beliefs may not have hurt his box office but have ended not one but two marriages.
“It was a terrifying and rude awakening for Tom when Katie served him with divorce papers. He’s used to feeling undefeatable and untouchable. When he lost Katie he felt a failure.”
Tom – who has six-year-old daughter Suri with Katie – is "distancing himself" from the religion and insiders revealed he hasn't been seen at the services or Sunday brunch for months.
The source added: "He has lost Nicole and now his wife and daughter. He has always used the Scientology techniques but he has now realized they don’t work in marriage.
"Tom is no longer volunteering to be the public poster boy for Scientology. You’ll see he is seriously calming that down, he will head up the annual fundraisers and awards show but that’s in-house.
“In the outside world, Tom will not be promoting the religion, he is distancing himself.
“Many believe he is pulling away because he thinks it was Scientology that split him and Katie up.”
Should Tom cut all ties with Scientology then insiders believe Katie would consider reconciling her relationship with him.
The source explained: "If Tom truly leaves, Katie would reconsider. She was in love with Tom, he was her childhood crush, it took a lot of strength to break free. But now she has peace of mind but no love.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...