Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise organised treats for the 'Rock Of Ages' crew every week
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|"Rock of Ages" - Alec Baldwin and Tom Cruise|
She said: "Tom is super cool, definitely the movie star you think he is.
"He had his whole team around him, but that didn't stop him being super down-to-earth. We would all go out to dinner - Katie [Holmes, Tom's wife] too.
"They are very thoughtful, sending little notes to everybody. Each week there would be a treat from Tom for the crew, like chocolate-covered strawberries or a grilled cheese sandwich truck."
Julianne didn't want to appear in 'Rock Of Ages' having previously appeared in musicals 'Burlesque' and 'Footloose' but changed her mind when she heard Tom had been cast.
She recalled: "Adam Shankman directed one of my music videos and had me in mind for the film. But I said, 'I don't know that I want to do another musical.'
"Then he said, 'Tom Cruise is in it' and I was like, 'OK, I'm in.' "
As well as being impressed by Tom, Julianne also loved working with Catherine Zeta Jones - because of her foul mouth.
She said: "I'm a huge fan of Catherine. She's dressed to the nines, like an old-time Hollywood movie star, and then her mouth is like a sailor's."