Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise getting special treatment from Scientology leaders after divorce
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 at 10:30 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Tom & Suri Cruise|
Nancy Many, ex-president of the religion's Celebrity Centre, told RadarOnline: "They have already bent the rules for Tom. If Tom was any other Scientologist, including lesser celebrities, he would not be allowed to continue seeing and maintaining communication with Katie or Suri, because they are no longer in Scientology.
"So far, because of who he is, Cruise has spent time with Suri, which has already upset the parents and children of existing Scientologists who can't talk to their loved ones.
"If he is supposed to be a Scientologist, why don't the rules for every other member apply to him?"
The 'Mission Impossible' actor hasn't seen Suri, 6, since their fun-filled trip to Disney World on August 5, and even missed her first day of school due to filming new action flick 'All You Need Is Kill' in London.
The pair have been in touch by telephone daily and the actor plans to visit her as soon as possible, in spite of Scientology rules that Tom should cut all contact with his newly Catholic daughter.
Nancy added: "When every other person that I have known of leaves Scientology, which Katie did without speaking of it directly, they are instantly shunned. By rejoining a Catholic Church right afterwards, she made a very public statement of rejection."
The actor is said to be weighing up his commitment to the church with regards to his personal life and has been seen spending time with friends outside of the religion.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...