Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise demanded a hotel kick out all its guests so he could dine alone
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 10:24 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
However, the outraged manager denied his request with a source telling The Sun newspaper: “Who does Mr. Cruise think he is?
“The hotel was full. It would have been unfair to other guests.”
This didn’t deter the 50-year-old actor and Tom ordered a seafood banquet to be delivered to his luxury yacht Lady S so he could dine in peace.
Recently Tom was left embarrassed in Hertfordshire, East England when he couldn’t pay his bill in a local restaurant.
Tom was left red-faced when the Veer Dhara restaurant didn't accept his American Express card or dollar bills with manager Darshit Hora explaining: "It was a big shock for us when he walked in. He said we had been recommended to him, but he would not say by whom.
"At the end of the meal he wanted to pay, but we could not accept American Express. He said his whole group only had dollars, then a lady came forward and paid in £50 notes."
The 'Mission: Impossible' star's bodyguards were the first to enter the Indian restaurant to warn staff that a "special" Hollywood star was about to enter the building and wanted a low-key meal.
The restaurant owner added: "They said someone special was coming but did not say who it was. When he came in it was a big shock but we just wanted to be professional.”