Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise damaged his foot while filming 'Jack Reacher' by kicking a co-star in the testicles
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 08:18 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Cruise in a scene from 'Jack Reacher'|
Speaking to US TV talk show host Jimmy Fallon, he said:
"There's a scene where I'm kicking a guy in the balls, the testicles.
"It was a human being, [but] no testicles were injured in the making of the film! We had to do the take over and over again, and the first 10 times it was like, 'Yeah!'
"After about 50 times in, my foot was swelling ... I kept having to loosen my shoe."
Though he hurt his foot working on 'Jack Reacher', this isn't the worst injury the 'Mission: Impossible' actor has experienced on a film set.
Recalling the damage he has done to himself, he has previously said: "I've broken my leg. The first time [I broke my nose], I got hit by a fastball. Another time, I got hit with a baseball bat by accident.
"Then I re-jarred it on a motorcycle. No one thought about helmets or pads back then. When I was 18, on the set of 'Taps', I met the stunt guys. I was like, 'You train for stuff like this?' Back in the day there were no videos of this stuff."