Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' marriage was ‘irretrievably broken’ six months before divorce
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes pictured during their 2006 wedding|
In the legal documents - dated August 17, 2012 and signed by New York State Supreme Court Judge Matthew F. Cooper - which detail specifics of the divorce decree, they state that the "marital relationship" had "broken down irretrievably for a period of at least six months immediately preceding".
The pair tied the knot in a lavish Scientology ceremony in Italy on November 18 2006, but the documents show they officially married "in a civil ceremony" in Los Angeles on November 11, 2006.
The documents reveal Tom was ordered to pay $400,000 a year in child support for the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri.
The staggering sum is to cover the youngster's "medical, dental, insurance, unreimbursed medical and dental, education, college, extracurricular and camp expenses".
The agreement ends when Suri turns 18.
In the unlikely event the actor misses a payment; he will be faced with a jail sentence "for a term not to exceed six months".