Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' marriage was ‘irretrievably broken’ six months before divorce
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes pictured during their 2006 wedding|
In the legal documents - dated August 17, 2012 and signed by New York State Supreme Court Judge Matthew F. Cooper - which detail specifics of the divorce decree, they state that the "marital relationship" had "broken down irretrievably for a period of at least six months immediately preceding".
The pair tied the knot in a lavish Scientology ceremony in Italy on November 18 2006, but the documents show they officially married "in a civil ceremony" in Los Angeles on November 11, 2006.
The documents reveal Tom was ordered to pay $400,000 a year in child support for the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri.
The staggering sum is to cover the youngster's "medical, dental, insurance, unreimbursed medical and dental, education, college, extracurricular and camp expenses".
The agreement ends when Suri turns 18.
In the unlikely event the actor misses a payment; he will be faced with a jail sentence "for a term not to exceed six months".
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...