Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have reached a divorce settlement
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 09:45 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
No specific details have yet been revealed about the settlement, which comes after Katie filed for divorce from Tom after five years of marriage late last month.
Jonathan said in a statement obtained by People: "The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.
"This result could not have been achieved without the hard work of my partner Gary Skoloff and our co-counsel Allan Mayefsky, Michael Mosberg and Larry Trachtenberg of Aronson Mayefsky and Sloan and Peter Walzer and Chris Melcher of Walzer & Melcher in California.
"We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."
Tom and Katie both confirmed in a separate statement that they are "committed" to working on their six-year-old daughter Suri’s "best interests".
Katie and Tom's representatives, Nanci Ryder and Amanda Lundberg respectively, said in a statement: "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents."
Lawyers for the couple have been in negotiations to settle issues including child custody, visitation and child support for Suri, as well as property division.