Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Wanted were impressed by Britney Spears' Southern charm
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 08:19 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|The Wanted with Britney Spears|
The British boy band supported the singer on her 'Femme Fatale Tour' when it came to England last year, and the five guys were all won over by her stunning smile.
Jay McGuiness said: "Everyone knows Britney, like from the age of being a kid you saw her swinging herself around in a school uniform and to see that smile in real life was like really surreal but great. She's got that Southern charm, that Southern Americans have and it was really cool."
The band - which also includes Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes - are also fans of Justin Beiber, and have joked he has finally become a man since turning 18 in March.
Joking about how his voice has got deeper, Tom told Australian TV's 'The Morning Show': "Yeah, I think his testes have come down a couple of inches! He's a really nice bloke. He has done a lot of growing up over the last couple years, musically and as a person. He is a really nice guy."
The Wanted are currently touring in Australia, but Max is still plucking up the courage to fulfil one of his daredevil dreams while there.
He explained: "I want to swim with sharks. I've always wanted to do it. I want to go in a cage with Great Whites but I'm not too sure Sydney is the place to do it.
"I might do it on the next trip, maybe if we go to Perth."