Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"The Voice's" Adam Levine has defended Christina Aguilera against jibes about her weight
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 07:51 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera|
While ‘The Voice’ co-stars may bicker on-screen, Adam insisted they have a close relationship and he won’t let anyone say anything bad about the singer, who has recently come under fire for her fuller figure.
He told People magazine: "It's not cool. I've never liked it. I think it's horrible and I'll totally defend [Christina] when people say things like that because it's no one's business.
"The one thing about the culture right now, celebrity culture particularly, is people feel like they can just say nasty things about other people whether it's Christina or whether it's me. Of course I have her back and of course I defend her."
Adam also revealed that while the couple may disagree on the show, once the cameras stop rolling they forget their arguments.
He said: "The fights that everyone thought we were having were fictional. We never hated each other. We never had these secret battles that everyone thought we were having."