Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'The View’s’ Whoopi Goldberg is a big fan of Irish music hero Christy Moore
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 08:13 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Comic and doyenne of ABC’s gabfest The View, Whoopi Goldberg, told the Sunday World that she’s a big fan of Irish music icon Christy Moore.
Goldberg spoke to the Dublin weekly on the eve of her play, Sister Act, opening in the Irish capital.
They’ve known each other for some 30 years – who knew! – and worked together in the early eighties.
“Christy Moore is a legend to me. He’s an amazing artist,” she said.
Moore was delighted when the World told him that Whoopi had such fond memories.
“That’s gas to hear from Whoopi,” he said. "I did a gig with her at a place called the Third Eye in Glasgow in 1982 before she became a film star. She was a stand up comedian and one of the funniest acts I ever saw. She was brilliant and I had a right bit of craic with her."
Moore has certainly had quite a year with celebrity admirers. In the summer he appeared live at the Oxegen music festival in Co. Kildare with Brit darlings Coldplay, who specifically requested his presence for the big gig.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...