Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The 'Twilight Saga' star Ashley Greene gave up partying in a bid to make it as an actress
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 at 12:25 PM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
The 25-year-old beauty said: "In my second year in Los Angeles, when I was 18, I wasn't getting any bookings. So I stopped going out, stopped partying. It was a matter of getting to the work. I had to focus."
Ashley also revealed how she's looking forward to turning 30 as she thinks she will have more choices when it comes to work.
She told Esquire magazine: "It's a good age. It's an age of choices. What 'Twilight' gave me was years to consider how I wanted to work otherwise."
Ashley - who played Alice Cullen in the vampire franchise - will next be seen alongside Hugh Jackman and Olivia Wilde in 'Butter', an independent film about a small-town girl who discovers her talent for butter carving and finds herself pitted against an ambitious local woman in their town's annual contest.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...