Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The 'Twilight Saga' star Ashley Greene gave up partying in a bid to make it as an actress
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 at 12:25 PM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
The 25-year-old beauty said: "In my second year in Los Angeles, when I was 18, I wasn't getting any bookings. So I stopped going out, stopped partying. It was a matter of getting to the work. I had to focus."
Ashley also revealed how she's looking forward to turning 30 as she thinks she will have more choices when it comes to work.
She told Esquire magazine: "It's a good age. It's an age of choices. What 'Twilight' gave me was years to consider how I wanted to work otherwise."
Ashley - who played Alice Cullen in the vampire franchise - will next be seen alongside Hugh Jackman and Olivia Wilde in 'Butter', an independent film about a small-town girl who discovers her talent for butter carving and finds herself pitted against an ambitious local woman in their town's annual contest.