Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"The 'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" star Ashley Greene wants a man who will stand up to her
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 08:19 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
She said: "You need someone who is going to help you make that better version of yourself. I need someone who is strong but supportive and who loves me - someone who isn't afraid to call me on my sh*t."
Ashley recently split from her boyfriend of 10 months, Reeve Carney, and she is embracing single life, especially as she's living in New York, which means she can concentrate on her career.
She told Manhattan magazine: "I like the energy - it's so contagious and I feel like you just have to be productive here. It's very artistic and inspiring."
And she says she would love a career like her idol, Cate Blanchett.
She said: "I love Cate Blanchett. She's extremely classy and has this knack for taking on roles and being very, very strong, but also embedding vulnerability. She has this relatable quality. I like the path she chose."