Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, aka Prince William and Kate Middleton, have delayed their honeymoon
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2011 at 10:07 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
A royal spokesperson confirmed: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately. Instead, after spending the weekend privately in the United Kingdom, the Duke will return to work as a search-and-rescue pilot next week.
“The locations of both their private weekend before the Duke returns to work and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance.”
Meanwhile, further details of the couple’s wedding reception have emerged, including the revelation that William and Kate had their first dance to a live rendition of Sir Elton John’s classic hit ‘Your Song’, which was performed for them by Ellie Goulding.
A source said: “It was a clear yet subtle nod to William’s mother Princess Diana because she loved that song and William knew that.
“Elton is also very important to William because of his role at Diana’s funeral.
“Ellie’s performance was spectacular and even Prince Charles and his wife Camilla ended up slow-dancing on the floor before they bailed out and left it to the young ones.”
It has also been claimed that Prince Harry, William’s brother, wore a fez hat when giving his best man’s speech, in which he poked fun at the groom’s receding hair line and referred to the newlyweds as the “dude and duchess”.
An insider told the News of the World newspaper: “Harry’s speech was so funny. He kept calling William a ‘dude’. He had us all in stitches.
“Harry ended up saying William was actually an all-right guy but not as good-looking as he was – apart from his red hair.”
However, the address was not without emotional moments and Harry left both William and Kate near tears when he spoke about his late mother.
The source added: “Harry said how much his mum would have been proud of the, both. It was a great speech and the fez just made it. It was so Harry – he down-to-earth larking about the brothers are known for.”
Kate’s father Michael Middleton also made guests laugh with his speech, in which he poked fun at an April 2008 incident which saw William criticised for using an army helicopter to visit his then-girlfriend.
Michael said: “I knew things were getting serious when I found a helicopter in my garden. I thought, ‘Gosh, he must like my daughter.’
“I did wonder how he was going to top this.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...