Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'The Dark Knight Rises' star Tom Hardy feels "sad" that he doesn't see more of his son
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 at 09:54 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Tom Hardy as Bain in "Dark Knight Rises"|
Despite his guilt, Tom - who stars as villain Bane in new Batman film 'The Dark Knight Rises' - knows his successful career has many benefits for his child.
He said: "My little boy lives mostly with his mum and I see him when I can.
"I'm very much aware of being a 'Skype father', which is sad. But I have to have the finances to make sure he'll be secure and I can only do that by working."
Tom, 34, also admits it is tough finding the time to see his fiancee, actress Charlotte Riley, because of his filming commitments.
He added: "I like to go no longer than three weeks without seeing my loved ones but it does take some juggling. My fiancee is an actress, too, so quite often she goes to the other side of the globe while I go to the other."
However, the 'War Horse' star has vowed to do anything he can to make his loved ones happy.
He told Company magazine: "I'm prepared to go to any sort of counseling or therapy in order to keep my feet on the ground and clean up my act to be in a relationship.
"I'll do anything to be both a better boyfriend and a better father. That sounds worthy, doesn't it? But it's what I believe I have to do."