Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Black Eyed Peas' Will.i.am was more "intimidated" by U2 than Michael Jackson
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 at 06:48 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
|Will.i.am and Bono|
He said: "I recorded for a month with U2. Even though I worked with Michael Jackson, their U2-ness intimidated me. I didn't know how to suggest a song from scratch.
"So I co-produced 'I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight' and kept 'I Got A Feeling' for us."
The 'My Humps' hit-maker also spoke of an astonishing encounter with a fan who proved she knew his lyrics better than him.
He explained to NME magazine: "In Japan and this girl came up and says, 'I reckon in 'Boom Boom Pow' you say 'boom,' 101 times'. I was like, 'Yeah, right', but said, 'Thank you so much for listening to the song.'
"I got back on the train, counted my booms and she was right. We counted all the booms."