Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb unable to speak as his cancer battle continues
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
His wife Dwina and grown up sons Robin-John and Spencer remain at his bedside, and he is regularly visited by his showbiz friends.
Singer and close friend Jim Dooley told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "He can't speak at the moment because he has a tracheotomy, and he has to communicate by blinking his eyes.
"Dwina has said that because he spent so long in a coma there are a lot of things he will have to learn to do again if he comes through it.
"He will have to re-learn how to walk. It's 50/50 whether he comes through this but Dwina is a wonderful woman and is giving him all the love you can give."
Robin, 62, has contracted pneumonia, but came out of a coma after 12 days last month, astounding doctors with his recovery.
Chemotherapy for his condition is on hold while he regains strength.
Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam of Imperial College London has paid tribute to the 'Night Fever' singer's strength and resolve in his battle against cancer.
He said: "It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds."
However, he did warn that when he awoke from his coma, Robin was "exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...