Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The American President Barack Obama thinks Anne Hathaway "was the best thing" in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 at 06:48 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Barack Obama and Anne Hathaway|
The political leader said that Anne was "spectacular" in the film.
He said: "I got a chance to see 'Batman', and she was the best thing in it. That's just my personal opinion."
Anne, who laughed at Obama's flattery, was in attendance as one of the evening's co-hosts, along with Joanne Woodward, Aaron Sorkin and Weinstein.
Also at the $35,800-per-plate dinner was Jerry Springer and American Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Anne recently said getting her hair cut short for 'Les Miserables' was "scarier" than jumping off buildings.
The 29-year-old actress got her tresses trimmed for her role of Fantine in Tom Hooper's forthcoming big-screen adaptation, and she admits it was "terrifying" compared to some of the stunts she has to do in her portrayal of Catwoman in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.
She said: "It was terrifying. I didn't expect it because in this film ['The Dark Knight Rises'], I do backflips out of windows, I jump off of buildings, I do all sorts of scary things but nothing was as scary as cutting my hair off."