Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Terminator Salvation' Sam Worthington does 'absolutely nothing' when he's off work
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2011 at 09:40 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The 'Terminator Salvation' actor – who used to be a bricklayer in Australia - makes a point of keeping his schedule free when he is not making movies because he has been criticized for working "back to back to back to back" on projects without taking a break.
He said: "Well, I do get criticized for working too much. But I've got mates that are dentists and bricklayers and doctors who work 12 months of the year, so why shouldn't I?
"You do get to the point where you burn yourself out and then you've got to take a year off again. That's when I just don't do anything. Your whole life is planned in this industry so when you get time off, you do absolutely nothing."
Despite his comments, the 35-year-old star is set to take up most of his 2012 and early 2013 filming two 'Avatar' sequels, but he doesn't mind spending his time on the projects because he'll be working with director James Cameron, who he refers to as his "best friend".
He added: "We're all coming back. I know it'll be a year or two years of my life, but I can't think of a better man to spend that with than Jim. I dig him, I love him."