Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ted Kennedy propositioned Carrie Fisher while she was on a date with Chris Dodd
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 09:19 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
The Huffington Post reports that for their date, Chris Dodd invited Ted Kennedy to join. It wasn’t long before matters took a turn for the awkward.
“Suddenly, Senator Kennedy, seated directly across from me, looked at me with his alert, aristocratic eyes and asked me a most surprising question,” writes Fisher. “‘So,' he said, clearly amused, 'do you think you'll be having sex with Chris at the end of your date?'"
Lawrence O'Donnell says Rush Limbaugh thrives off hatred
A wonderful memoir of an arriving Irish emigrant in New York in 1939
Fox anchor Bill O'Reilly signs on for two books including presidential story
Dodd “flushed” at the awkward question posed by Kennedy, but Fisher kept her cool. She writes “'Funnily enough, I won't be having sex with Chris tonight,' I said, my face composed and calm. 'No, that probably won't happen.' People blinked. 'Thanks for asking, though.'”
Relentless, Kennedy jabbed back once again, asking “Would you have sex with Chris in a hot tub? Perhaps as a way to say good night?"
“I’m no good in water,” Fisher wittily replied.
The scenario is but one of many interesting aspects of Fisher’s life that she writes about in her new book. Others include attempting to find a prostitute for her dying father, and being a patient of the dentist who sued Michael Jackson.