Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Taylor Swift has been branded the Yoko Ono of One Direction
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 08:31 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Taylor Swift - is she breaking up One Direction?|
There are fears the 22-year-old singer's relationship with Harry Styles might lead to the break up of the 'Little Things' hitmakers, in the same way John Lennon's widow was blamed for splitting up The Beatles in 1970.
A source said: “It’s really not far off from the Yoko situation.”
Comparisons between Taylor and Yoko – who Sir Paul McCartney recently distanced from any blame following the group's split - have intensified since Harry travelled on the blonde beauty's private jet from New York to Britain, separate from the group, on Saturday.
A source added to The Sun newspaper: "There was loads of room for the rest of the band in Taylor’s luxury jet but he didn’t even suggest they travelled together."
One Direction – who are also made up of Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne – had to fight their way through a crowd of screaming fans at London's Heathrow airport, which saw Liam given a painful Chinese burn by one of their overly enthusiastic supporters.
Harry, 18, has also been warned against hurting Taylor, who is known for penning heartfelt songs about her ex-boyfriends, to avoid being the subject of one of her future hits.
Troy Tomlinson, head of the 'I Knew You Were Trouble' hitmaker's Sony Nashville label, said: “If you’re going to do Taylor Swift wrong as a boy, you’ll wind up in a song.”