Taylor Swift celebrates after breaking more Guinness World Records than One Direction
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The singer appeared pleased to be able to stick it to the band, which includes her ex-boyfriend Harry Styles, when she won a trophy at the MTV Video Music Awards for her track 'I know You Were Trouble' - written about her pop lothario ex - and can now celebrate triumphing over them by setting more new records in the Guinness World Records 2014 book.
Taylor takes titles for having the Fastest selling digital single for 'We Are Never Getting Back Together', which climbed to Number One on the iTunes singles sales chart 50 minutes after it was released in August 2012, and she also became the first solo female with two million-selling weeks on US album chart.
Meanwhile One Direction managed to get a mention for having the Highest debut by a UK group on the US singles chart when their single 'Live While We're Young' debuted at Number Three on the US singles chart on 20 October 2012. The record counts even though band member Niall Horan is Irish.
Elsewhere in the annual round up of record breakers, Scottish DJ Calvin Harris overtook a long standing record by Michael Jackson after he managed to score the most top 10 hits on the UK Singles Chart from one album. Calvin has scored nine tracks from his 2012 album '18 Months' in the top ten, overtaking Michael, who managed seven hits from both his 'Bad' and 'Dangerous' albums.
When he first heard about breaking the record, Calvin tweeted: "I'll never dance, sing or be an ultimate musical legend & icon like Michael Jackson but he didn't know anything about [studio technique] sidechaining so it all balances out."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...