Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy split quietly - was is the distance apart, or the distance in age?
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2012 at 09:07 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy|
Rumors are flying today that the duo have “quietly split” “a while ago.” Thankfully though, sources are saying there’s no hard feelings between the two.
Swift made headlines when she first started seeing Conor Kennedy, who is four years her junior and still in high school, over the summer. Kennedy is the son of Robert F. Kennedy, Jr and Mary Richardson Kennedy, who tragically ended her life earlier this year.
Swift and Kennedy enjoyed what appeared to be a whirlwind romance over the summer. She reportedly flew him out to Nashville from Massachusetts one time just because she missed him.
"Taylor missed Conor so much, she sent a plane for him a few days later,” a source said at the end of August. “He's been with her ever since, and his family doesn't know when he will be back.
"Things have become so serious between them so fast that no one in Hyannis Port [where the Kennedy family's summer home is located] would be surprised if they eloped."
Now, though, during the same week that her anticipated album ‘Red’ - which is chock full of break up tunes - has debuted, news of her split with Kennedy has leaked.
A friend told Us Weekly: "They quietly parted ways a while ago. It was just a distance thing. No hard feelings. They're fine."
The source added, "It's been over a month since they've even seen each other. With her promotion for 'Red', she has no time off until the end of the year."
Taylor Swift probably won’t be feeling the sting of the breakup for too long as ‘Red’ is expected to bring in record-breaking sales this week. Her song ‘We Are Never Getting Back Together’ from the album sold 623,000 downloads in its first week, setting the digital record for a female artist.
USA Today reports that “If Red passes the million mark [in its first week of sales], Swift would be the first act in a decade to release back-to-back studio albums that sold more than a million copies in their debut week. Speak Now sold 1.047 million copies during its initial week in 2010.”
Currently, Lady Gaga holds the record with 1.11 million first-week copies sold last year.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...