Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy - wedding crashers?
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 09:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Taylor Swift & Conor Kennedy|
Taylor Swift is taking a not-so-subtle approach into the Kennedy clan. Following what appear to be some too close for comfort tactics, Swift and 18-year-old boyfriend Conor Kennedy crashed a Kennedy wedding this weekend.
Mother-of-the-bride Victoria Gifford Kennedy wasn’t shy about telling media outlets how Swift showed up at her daughter Kyle Kennedy’s wedding to Liam Kerr, caused a scene and refused to leave while accompanied by boyfriend Conor Kennedy.
“They texted me an hour before the wedding and asked if they could come,” Vicki Kennedy said to The Boston Herald.
“I responded with a very clear, ‘Please do not come.’ They came anyway. ... I personally went up to Ms. Swift, whose entrance distracted the entire event, politely introduced myself to her, and asked her as nicely as I could to leave. It was like talking to a ghost. She seemed to look right past me.”
However, Swift’s publicist begs to differ. “There is no truth to that,” Paula Erickson said.
“Taylor was invited to the wedding and the bride thanked her profusely for being there.”
Either way, Swift not surprisingly caused a bit of a scene upon arriving at the hotel for the wedding’s reception. Fans flocked to the pop-star for autographs in the lobby of the hotel.
Swift should have shown some common courtesy on the bride’s big day and bowed out, knowing that she was going to steal the limelight, even if only for a while.
Hotel staffers said that Taylor and Conor didn’t stay for the meal, but did return for a night of dancing at the reception.
The wedding crashing isn’t Swift’s first time nudging her way into the Kennedy clan’s tight knit circle.
The Associated Press reported that Taylor joined beau Conor, who is four years her junior, in visiting the grave of Conor’s late mother Mary Richardson. Richardson tragically ended her life earlier this year amid a divorce battle with Conor’s father, RFK, Jr. Taylor was reportedly seen helping to console Conor.
And in a particularly creepy move, Swift is rumored to have purchased a property either next to or near the Kennedy compound in Cape Cod.
Whether she’s welcomed in by the Kennedys for good or not, Swift is undoubtedly gathering material for her next chart-topping album. Her tune ‘We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together,’ about one of her many ex-flings, became the biggest ever first week selling digital song by a female artist.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...