Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Taylor Swift admits it's hard not having control over every aspect of her life
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 08:11 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
The 22-year-old beauty said: "My life is a constant balance of understanding that I can't control everything and I can't control what people are going to think about me and I can't control what people are going to write about me. But I can control my actions and how I live my life.
"I over-think things a lot. I always want to make the right choice, not for the sake of how's it is perceived but because I do understand that I'm living a life and I'm going to have look back on that life 20 years from now, if I'm lucky, and be proud of the choices I have made. Because it is intense being 22 and having a magnifying glass on you. So I guess you just try and make the right choices and control what you can."
Taylor says she likes to have fun but knows she can't go wild because of the consequences it may bring.
She added in an interview with Swedish TV show 'SVT': "I let go. I like to have fun and I like to be happy and I like to have a level of spontaneity in my life. I like to just go off on a whim here and that's the part of my brain that's an artist. And then there's the part of my brain that understands there's a harsh reality for every single one of my actions."