Suzanne Somers slammed by Whoopi Goldberg over Patrick Swayze comments
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Suzanne Somers has been strongly criticized by Whoopi Goldberg over her comments that Patrick Swayze should not have undergone chemotherapy for his pancreatic cancer.
Goldberg stated “In case she doesn't know, Patrick did everything and went everywhere to try and stay healthy as long as he could.”
She added that Somers “should know better”
Somers , born Suzanne Mahoney into an Irish Catholic family in Los Angeles, and famous for 70’s hit sitcom “Three’s Company” told a Canadian reporter that Swayze would have extended his life by using alternative methods, not chemotherapy.
Somers says she made a mistake and didn't know the person she was speaking to was a reporter .
"I was not informed or aware I was being interviewed. I would never have been so insensitive as to offer a public statement so close to his untimely passing. I sincerely apologize if my comment has caused any additional pain to his family during this difficult time. I send my deepest condolences for their loss."