Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Susan Boyle “on edge” after encounter with crazed super-fan - Obsessed fan chases Boyle up four flights of stairs
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Singing sensation Susan Boyle|
Susan Boyle, who rose to fame with her superb singing on the 2009 ‘X Factor,’ has had yet another creepy encounter with an obsessive fan. Boyle was reportedly chased up four flights of stairs by a fan demanding an autograph following a performance in Liverpool.
The Belfast Telegraph reports that Boyle returned to Hope Street Hotel in Liverpool, North England, after her performance with the cast of the ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ musical.
"Some fans waited for her in the lift but Susan decided to take the stairs," said a source to The Belfast Telegraph.
"Susan's room was on the fourth floor so it was a fair old walk. He realised she was taking the stairs so started following her.”
"She managed to get in the room safe but he then made a dash for her door saying he wanted her autograph. It was really scary for Susan - to follow someone up the stairs for four floors is creepy."
The man fled after Boyle’s security detail attempted to detain him. In the wake of the run-in, Boyle is now chauffeured to and from her performances in Liverpool.
This isn’t Boyle’s first encounter with an obsessed fan. In 2010, a man broke into her bedroom; Boyle believes it was the same man who tried to break in the previous year.
Even more recently, a former gardener for Boyle turned up at her home in Blackburn, West Lothian just two weeks ago demanding money. Boyle is understandably “on edge.”
This latest run-in with a fan has left the Scottish songstress “terrified and shaken,” said a source.
"She absolutely loves performing but sometimes the reaction of fans is really intense."