Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Susan Boyle didn't think she "deserved" her success
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
She said:" Because I'd risen so quickly, I was frightened I was going to sink quickly too.
"At the same time, I felt I didn't really deserve all the success I'd had. Although I still worry about that, I'm getting more relaxed now."
The 'I Dreamed A Dream' hitmaker was tipped to win 'Britain's Got Talent' but lost out to dance troupe Diversity and Susan - who checked into rehab to be treated for exhaustion immediately after the show ended - admits she expected to be forgotten soon afterwards.
Outrage as St. Patrick's Day deemed too religious and renamed "O'Green Day"
Top ten words invented in Ireland - useful for St. Patrick’s Day
She added in an interview with the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "I just needed to go home and rest. That's when I thought it was all over.
"I thought no one would take me seriously afterwards. They'd just assume I was crazy."
Susan gets recognised a lot when she goes out and is amazed at how quickly her identity sweeps through a crowd.
She explained: "If I stayed in one place for long enough, people would start to say, 'there's Susan Boyle'. It's like Chinese whispers. And the next moment you've got people asking for autographs and taking photos."
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...