Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Suri Cruise is learning Mandarin at private Avenues school in NYC
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 09:55 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Suri and Tom Cruise|
The six-year-old daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes has reportedly been signed up to the Chinese language course at her new school Avenues in New York City and could even travel to one of the institute’s planned overseas branches when she gets older.
A source told RadarOnline: “Suri is going to be learning Mandarin. She is in the programme for the Lower School which focuses on Chinese, and this is a great foundation for her.”
Suri recently started attending the $40,000-a-year private school which has a rooftop playground, along with a main gym that includes full-size basketball and volleyball court.
It is part of a series of "world schools" and will also have branches in China, India, Africa and Europe, along with other US cities.
Katie and Suri made a fresh start New York following the actress’ split from Tom and the school is just a few blocks from their apartment in Chelsea.
Tom's attorney Bert Fields recently revealed the 'Rock of Ages' star was calling Suri twice a day as he wants to play a big part in her life even though he is busy shooting a movie in England while she is in New York with her mother.
He said: "Tom has been in England shooting a film. He calls Suri every day, sometimes twice a day.
"He loves Suri and is a constant presence in her life. As in the past, when he's shooting in a foreign country, he has to rely on daily phone calls."