Stuart Townsend quits Kenneth Branagh's 'Thor' citing creative differences
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
Stuart Townsend - seen here with long-time love Charlize Theron, says creative differences have driven him off the cast of the superhero movie "Thor."
Townsend, 37, who was down to play Fandral, quit the movie just days before the cast was set to start shooting.
It's now known who was the cause of Townsend's "creative differences" but fellow Irish man Kenneth Branagh is down as the director.
Townsend's role will now go to little-known actor Joshua Dallas.
The movie - which is slated for a May 2011 release, will also star Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Natalie Portman, Renee Russo and Anthony Hopkins.
Let's hope Townsend doesn't rue walking off Thor.
He was famously dropped from "Lord of the Rings" by director Peter Jackson who thought he was too young for the role of Aragorn and cast Viggo Mortensen (45) instead.
And we all know how that particular movie fared...
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...