Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Stop harping and get over him guest tells Rory McIlroy's former lover Holly Sweeney
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 at 08:31 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Sweeney is hosting a dinner in the Irish reality TV show “Come Dine with Me,” which is to air on TV3.
“My theme is a tennis and golf theme. I chose it tonight because I used to go out with Rory," she said, according to the Irish Independent.
McIlroy is a star golfer and his new girlfriend is former world number one Caroline Wozniacki.
"The tennis thing is obviously a little joke because Caroline is world No 1," she added.
Locket of hair from Michael Collins’ dead body to be auctioned off in Dublin
IrishCentral's special Titanic Centenary Commemoration section
The Independent reports that one of the guests at the dinner thought Sweeney should concentrate more on how her life is going.
"For a woman who is trying to move on from a previous relationship and rebuild her life and establish her own personality she should stop harping on about golf to be perfectly honest," said magazine publisher Michael O'Doherty.
McIlroy and Wozniacki have been an item since last year and is one of sport’s most famous couples.
McIlroy is currently second in the men’s world golf rankings and Wozniacki is sixth in the women’s world golf rankings.