Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Spider Man's' Tobey Maguire is being sued over high-stakes poker games
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 09:42 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
The suit stated: "As part of the scheme, funds invested in [Ruderman] were transferred to persons such as Defendant [Maguire] who received the funds on account of Ruderman's gambling losses and on account of Defendant's gambling winnings."
The 35-year-old star is "not entitled to receive the transfers from the Debtor, which transfers were [comprised] of improperly-diverted investor funds".
Lawyers in the case claim because the games were not licensed in the state of California, Tobey's winnings should be recouped.
Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are among the other celebrities reported to have taken part in the poker games, but they are not being sued.
Bradley is currently in prison in Texas and is not due to be released until 2018. Tobey's representative has yet to comment on the claims.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...