Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Smash' star Anjelica Huston says her father made her feel unattractive
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 at 09:53 AM
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
|Anjelica Huston star of "Smash"|
The 61-year-old actress was devastated as a teenager when she heard her actor dad John Huston say he thought she would grow up to be "plain" and his remark made her feel very insecure about her appearance.
She said: "I was not at my happiest in my late teens. I went from confident and secure to shy and insecure and back again.
"I wish I could have been more accepting of myself. I had once overheard my father saying, when I was about 15 or 16, that I might turn out to be plain. That was a particularly unattractive moment for me.
"My nose was growing and my chin was receding, by comparison, and no one knew more than me how plain I felt."
Anjelica - whose mother Enrica died when she was 18 - also admitted that working with her father on one of her first movies was such a bad experience, it put her off acting for many years.
She told The Sun newspaper: "I made a big mistake at 18. I appeared in my father's movie, 'A Walk With Love and Death'. It was a personal disaster for both of us.
"I don't think we said more than 10 words to each other during the making of the film. I was reluctant and he was parental.
"The whole experience turned me off acting for about the next 10 years. I didn't go near another film set.
"My father really gave me the part as a present and I didn't identify with it. I didn't know what I was doing and I wish I'd been better prepared."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...