Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Paul McCartney is to unveil his star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 at 08:35 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Sir Paul McCartney|
Paul's star will be located next to those of bandmates John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison on Vine Street, in front of the iconic Capitol Records Building in Los Angeles, which was the US home of The Beatles during their career.
Capitol is also where Paul recorded his latest album, 'Kisses on the Bottom'.
Speaking of his time at the studio, he recently said: "We were in Capitol studios, the iconic studio where Nat King Cole, Sinatra, Dean Martin, all these guys recorded and it felt a little bit intimidating because I had no idea what the record would sound like, we chose the songs, and then started working it out, and we did it very organically."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
U2’s Bono set to become billionaire thanks to Facebook investment
Big Brother really is watching --Irish tourist nabbed by US Government due to algorithm
While Paul was initially awarded his star more than 10 years ago, a presentation ceremony could not be scheduled until now. As is traditional with the unveiling of stars on the Walk of Fame, guest speakers are expected to pay tribute to the 'Jey Jude' singer as he unveils the tribute.
The next day, he will be honoured again as the MusiCares Person of the Year, with a gala night which will include a dinner, silent auction and a star-studded concert.
Performers will include Tony Bennett, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Katy Perry and Paul will himself make an appearance on stage at the end of the evening.
John and George were awarded their stars on the Walk of Fame posthumously in 1988 and 2009 respectively, while Ringo received his in 2010.
The Beatles as a group were awarded a star in 1998.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...