Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Elton John says ‘Mean Girls’ star Lindsay Lohan inspired his new song
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 07:00 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Lindsay Lohan & Elton John|
He explained: "It could be a summation of my career because it's about young people becoming successful and diving off into the unknown. What's going to happen? Are they going to survive it? Are they going to become victims of their own success? Are other people going to prey on them and destroy them?
"You could actually say it's about me, but I was thinking about Lindsay Lohan when I was writing it."
The 66-year-old music icon beat his own addiction to cocaine and had to deal with the pressure of coming out as homosexual in the 80s when it wasn't as widely accepted by society.
He recently admitted he can relate to Lindsay and he has great sympathy for the 27-year-old actress whose acting talent has been overshadowed by her wild child reputation in recent years.
He said: "I hate to think of Lindsay because she has a talent, she was a great actress, and then it became all about the madness, the parties and everyone forgets about what put them there in the first place - they get lost in the idea that they are famous for who they are, not what they are."
Meanwhile, Elton, who has two children - Zachary, two, and eight-month-old Elijah - with his partner David Furnish, insists he isn't quite ready to give up his own career for a quiet family life.
He added to The Sun newspaper: "I'm realistic and I keep up with what's going on. I manage Lily Allen, James Blunt and The Strypes. And if I didn't work and I don't create, then I don't feel as if I'm contributing anything."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...