Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Elton John is the ‘happiest’ he has ever been
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 09:16 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|Sir Elton John, David Furnish and their son Zachary|
He said: "I work incredibly hard with my own career, my management company, the AIDS Foundation, my little boy. I've managed to intertwine everything perfectly. I've been with David 19 years in October, done a lot of work on myself, and I'm the happiest I've ever been.
"I'm not interested in the past - just now and the future."
Elton - who has battled drug problems and was once married to German recording engineer Renate Blauel before coming out as a homosexual man - also thinks the key to his longevity in the music business has been his ability to laugh at himself and his image.
He added to Radio Times magazine: "I don't take myself too seriously, which is one reason I've lasted. Irreverence is a great British trait. As much as I moan about the press - they love you for nine months, hate you for four - it's better than America, where they revere celebrity."