Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Elton John is the ‘happiest’ he has ever been
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 at 09:16 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Sir Elton John, David Furnish and their son Zachary|
He said: "I work incredibly hard with my own career, my management company, the AIDS Foundation, my little boy. I've managed to intertwine everything perfectly. I've been with David 19 years in October, done a lot of work on myself, and I'm the happiest I've ever been.
"I'm not interested in the past - just now and the future."
Elton - who has battled drug problems and was once married to German recording engineer Renate Blauel before coming out as a homosexual man - also thinks the key to his longevity in the music business has been his ability to laugh at himself and his image.
He added to Radio Times magazine: "I don't take myself too seriously, which is one reason I've lasted. Irreverence is a great British trait. As much as I moan about the press - they love you for nine months, hate you for four - it's better than America, where they revere celebrity."