Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Elton John can ‘smell’ cocaine at parties
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 09:51 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Sir Elton John with Katy Perry at his Oscar-viewing party. Getty Images|
He said: "If I ever find myself in a situation where there are drugs, I can smell the cocaine. I can feel it in the back of my throat, that horrible feeling of taking the first hit of cocaine. And I leave."
Elton and his partner David Furnish became parents to son Zachary via a surrogate mother in December 2010 and the 65-year-old singer admits the little boy has changed his outlook on life.
The star admits he used to be a "lech" who stared at men and women as he passed by them in a car, but since becoming a father, his focus has shifted and he now studies their children.
He explained: "[I think], 'Who's that kid? What's he wearing? What's his mum pushing him in?' ... It's just changed the way I think, all for the better, thank God."
Elton and David take Zachary everywhere with them and say he is a very "happy" little boy.
He told USA Today newspaper: "Zachary has brought to David and me the most incredible pleasure, and he's brought us the most incredible sense of responsibility and love.
"He comes with us everywhere. He loves traveling. He loves people. He's just a happy-natured boy."