Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Bob Geldof thinks British people are the most generous in the world
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Sir Bob Geldof|
He said: “Almost uniquely in the world, and to the amazing credit of this place, the Brits pile in. Not just as a government – all of them, all parties – but as a people.
"I mean look at Comic Relief this year… and it does help, it triggers the rest of the world, it really does prime pump the rest of the world because they get embarrassed and then they dive in, so it’s one of the great things about being in this country.”
As well as his charity work, Bob is looking forward to performing some solo concerts, though he is convinced that British people don't care about his music.
Speaking to UK TV host Lorraine Kelly, he said:
"I haven’t played in England for a long time, mainly because part of me thinks they couldn’t care less. Like everywhere else is cool, but here, it’s you know, Bob stuff.”
Bob Geldof reveals his brush with of suicide
Bob Geldof brings crowd to tears with speech about the power of love
Financial worries force long-time Irish broadcaster back to work
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...